What is hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is a powerful treatment involving the use of a hyperbaric chamber. When inside the chamber, you are able to breathe in pure oxygen at air pressure levels much higher than normal air pressure: about three times higher.
Air pressure at these levels helps to fill the blood with enough oxygen to repair tissues and restore normal body function.
Hyperbaric therapy is simple, painless, and powerful. It can help to speed the healing of infections in which tissues have been deprived of oxygen. It’s also effective in treating carbon monoxide poisoning, gangrene, and slow-healing wounds.
The power of a low-pressure hyperbaric system
Your blood carries oxygen throughout your body as part of its normal daily functions. But when that oxygen is increased, your body’s healing powers also increase substantially. Extra oxygen helps your body to fight harmful bacteria and also to stimulate the release of important substances such as growth factors and stem cells, which enhance healing.
Oxygen is released into all of the body’s fluids, including blood plasma, the central nervous system fluids, and the lymph. Oxygen is then transported to areas of the body where circulation is reduced or blocked, which can greatly enhance the production of white blood cells (WBCs). White blood cells are essential in fighting harmful bacteria, reducing inflammation, and promoting tissue repair and regeneration.
Alive Innovations is proud to offer hyperbaric therapy with the Low Pressure Ambient Air Hyperbaric Chamber. The Hyper-Cube features a state-of-the-art low-pressure ambient air pressure system, which makes it even safer than previous high-pressure oxygen chambers.
Features of the Low Pressure Ambient Air Hyperbaric System
- 2-way wireless audio communication
- Concentrators inside the chamber allow clients to breathe 95% pure oxygen
- Supplies oxygen-rich air rather than oxygen-saturated, which enriches the body’s tissues more efficiently
- Chamber is equipped with both USB and regular AC power outlets
- Color therapy provided via special chamber lighting that the client can select
- Acoustic light help to reduce ambient noise
- A safer environment in which to relax and work
- Radiofrequency therapy provided by electromagnetic waves (radio waves)
- Pressurizes within 8 minutes to 1.75 atmospheres (4.5 psi)
- Decompresses in 5 minutes
- Refrigerated air-conditioned chamber provides a comfortable and spacious environment
- Pressurized with ambient air purified by filters and UV light
- Interior lighting and premium audio system
- Interior 32” Smart TV
- Control console with 3-display monitors
- Wireless video monitoring
- Easy access
How the Hyper Cube benefits the body
Every one of your body’s organs and tissues depends on oxygen to function properly. If any part of your body is injured, the tissues require even more oxygen to repair.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy supplies your body with extra oxygen, increasing the levels of oxygen in your blood.
An increase in oxygen can temporarily restore normal levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood. This helps to restore normal tissue function and promote your body’s healing abilities. At the same time, your immune system is better able to fight infection.
Research suggests that hyperbaric therapy can have a powerful effect on the cells lining the blood vessels, potentially turning on over 8,000 genes in the 24 hours after a single treatment.
If another treatment is given after 24 hours, even more genes are activated. By activating genes in this way, your cells begin to ‘roll up’ and form small blood vessels.
When your body sustains an injury, the resulting trauma causes secondary injury through the release of toxins, loss of blood flow, and low oxygen. HBOT targets the secondary injury process that is responsible for the majority of tissue damage in all acute and chronic conditions. HBOT also helps to reduce chronic inflammation, which can have serious long-term effects on the body.
Hyperbaric oxygen is one of the most popular and low-risk medical treatments available today.
Unlike other hyperbaric chambers, the HyperCube provides enriched O2 rather than oxygen saturated. This allows for more efficient delivery of the oxygen to the body’s tissues. The HyperCube also provides a safe, comfortable environment in which to relax and work. It is large enough to hold up to four people comfortably.
The HyperCube also provides enhanced frequency therapy, similar to a Rife Machine.
Conditions that may benefit from hyperbaric oxygen therapy when used long-term include:
- Healing of fractures and bone grafts
- Healing of soft tissue and wounds
- Pre-and post-surgery edema
- Bacterial infection
- Cerebral palsy
- Acute cerebral edema
- Intestinal obstruction
- Chronic skin ulcers
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Post-stroke recovery
- Cortical blindness
- Reflex symptomatic dystrophy
- Lyme disease
- Diabetic ulcers and neuritis
- Traumatic injuries to the head and spinal cord
- Acute peripheral traumatic ischemia
- Gastric ulcer
- Neurological insufficiencies
- Infected and migrating prosthesis